It’s every nerd’s and cosplayers dream come true to go to a convention. But, those who are just starting out or even the most experienced con-goer has trouble every now and then. Whether it’s a rip in the seam of your cosplay, you can’t carry anymore awesome con swag, or you’re dying of thirst. Everyone will run into some kind of trouble at a convention. But, worry not! Here is your guide to convention survival.
Convention survival: Transportation.
You have to make it to the convention first right? For that, you need a source of transportation! That can be either accomplished very easily, or it can be the “bump in the road” so to speak that will sour your con experience. Here’s a few tips to making travel a breeze.
- Car pool! – I can’t express how economic and convenient this option is. If you have a friend that is going to the same convention and they drive, see if you can ride with them! Not only do you have a way to the con, but you get a fun trip as well!
- Public transportation. – This way takes a bit of guts if you’re fully dressed in your cosplay, but it can be very handy to get to a convention. Especially if it’s rather far away from your current location. (Be it home, or a hotel.)
Convention survival: Outfit care.
This mainly applies to con-goers who cosplay. Say a seam rips, you have a prop or fabric malfunction, or worse, you bend down and hear a rip where there is not suppose to be a rip. What do you do? Sadly, not many con-goers have solutions to these things so it usually involves them taking of their cosplay and going in street clothes for the rest of the con. Not very fun is it? Nope. So I have a solution for that problem: A small, portable cosplay fixing kit! Trust me on this one, this will save you a lot of heartache if anything were to happen. Some things that you should have in said kit are:
- Needle and thread.
- Extra pieces of fabric.
- Gorilla Glue.
- Fabric scissors.
- Seam ripper (trust me on this one. This comes in handy so many times.)
- Duck tape and/or fabric tape
Convention survival: Your health.
If there was a convention survival tip that I would recommend you listen to the most, it would be this one. Nothing, and I do mean nothing is more important than your health. It doesn’t matter if the convention you are at is the con of your dreams. If you go around, feeling like complete crap, you are not going to have fun my friend. So here are a couple VERY IMPORTANT tips to keep your health in peak condition.
- Bring water, lots of it! – Water is your main vital source of living. Do not dehydrate. Plus, you’ll save yourself a lot of money with bringing your own water instead of paying possibly two or more dollars for water.
- Bring snacks. – Food will be expensive at the convention, so try and bring as many little snacks as you can and put them in any carrying device you have with you.
- Tissues. – Just trust me on this one. You’ll thank me later.
- Deodorant. – For the love of all that is good an holy, if you forget to put on deodorant before you leave, take it with you! And use it! Personal hygiene is so incredibly important when it comes to being around large groups of people for more than one day. Heck, it’s important no matter the circumstance.
Last but not least, have fun!
With all these new tools under your belt, all you need to focus on now is just having fun! That’s why we go to conventions in the first place yes? Meet new people, buy awesome things, go to fun panels. Conventions exist because we, as nerds, have a passion for different subjects. So as long as your having fun, you can leave your worries behind!
To check out other awesome posts, related to cosplay and cosplay materials go to this website here! https://www.cosplaycrafts.com/